Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Saturday November 22

Group Interview (in “Van Gogh” cabin at Camp Ocean Pines about ride through Big Sur)
Interviewees: Abigail, Julie, Libby, Laurie, Alexis, and eventually Danny

How are you feeling?
Abigail: My body is talking to me… It’s saying ‘Stretch me, give me a break...’ But also feeling awesome and so accomplished
Julie: I feel like I want to ride
Libby: Flying down those his I felt like ‘this is what life is all about’
Laurie: (sigh) The California coast never ceases to amaze me.

What were your High/Low for these last few days?
Julie: (low) not being able to ride (Julie had hot water spilled on her foot, and got some blisters that are keeping her from riding)
Alexis: My high and low were the same day. Just before lunch after climbing that hill in Carmel was my low, and coming into Big Sur was my high.
Abigail: (high) Such amazing backdrops and hills that kick your butt
Libby: (high) The moments you forget you’re on a bike and take your breath away
Abigail: Looking back down and a mountain and thinking ‘Look at what I did… and look at the view!”
Danny: (high) Jumping in the ocean (low) When my bike broke (his derailleur actually broke off of his bike while riding)
Laurie: (low) My tummy hurts (high) Sunset last night at Plaskett Creek on the bluffs. There were the biggest most intense waves & you could feel the power of the wave shaking everything
Libby: I caught myself just grinning ear to ear…
Abigail: Yeah, forget your tush hurting, my face hurts from smiling

What will you come away with after riding Big Sur
Julie: A sore foot
Laurie: A sore butt
Libby: Sunburn
Danny: A better understanding of life
Abigail: No more intimidating hills
Danny: Bigger calf muscles
Abigail: The feeling that you can do anything
Libby: A deep appreciation of my granny gear.

No comments: